It's a great little chat where I share the history behind Zen Thinking, as well as some of the insights that woke me up and changed my life.
- “No matter where you are, there you are” – Brian Thompson
- Through his writing, Brian explores the concepts of being
- The only truth that can ever be spoken is: “I am” – anything else is just trouble!
- Brian tells us about transitioning from working in the music industry to what he does now with Zen Thinking
- We hear that Brian needed to live his life with passion, and it’s that which moved him towards writing, and away from the music business
- Brian was observing his life through a narrow lens and was unhappy with that point of view – so had to make a change
- We have to ask ourselves “are our goals in life ego driven?”
- When our goals are absolute and pure, they’re coming from a place of expression rather than ego boosting
- If you’re creating from an ego-driven place, you’ll always be wanting more
- Once you know your true self, everything becomes more effortless
- It was scarier for Brian to continue being unhappy than to change everything in his life
- We hear how Brian’s transformation was triggered by quitting drinking
- “We latch ourselves onto these things that we believe define us but the only thing that defines us are our own definitions” – Brian Thompson, 2016
- Brian tells us about the Zen Thinking podcast and what we can hear on there
- Brian talks about the flow state and how it relates to artists
I hope you enjoy the episode!